Sunday 27 October 2013

TLC Movie: 'CrazySexyCool' Review: was it Meant To Be? (M.T.B)


So, after many days of fighting the temptation not the watch the movie JUST yet, I had to break my days of studying to watch it. The tweets of '#TLCmovie' was blowing up my timeline for hours! The movie first aired on Monday 21st October on VH1 worldwide or (those who had access to the channel). For those people who don't know about the girl group. In the words of Tre Melvin: 'Kill Yoself!' (And if you don't know THIS guy Click here for more info on Tre Melvin, the latest comedian on YouTube) but seriously, TLC is an American girl group whose repertoire spanned R&Bhip hopsoulfunk, and new jack swing. Originally composed of singer Tionne "T-Boz" Watkinsrapper Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and singer Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas. Personally, I liked it! wait, (scratch that) I LOVED it! It kept to the all three singers story; included any and every situation they surpassed or failed and dilemma that they faced during their raise to stardom. The love they had for their fans, the music and one another. Putting a biopic together, I think they managed to cover all the necessary details. I think what made this movie so big was not just because it was released on Monday and so people had nothing else to watch, but simply because we knew that TLC in the day were unique and super talented for what it was worth back in the 90's and being a 90's kid myself, I'm happy to say I grew up with 'three' Iconic black women; with a diverse sense of style striving in the music industry. Watching the movie made me do yet another comparison of so called 'R&B' singers of this generation and don't get me wrong sexy singers and rappers such as: Rihanna, Beyonce and Nicki Minaj (I guess) do cater for their own target audience and yes have made a lot of tunes and still are so I can't fault them on that level.

So what were the possible flaws to the making of this movie?    

Well, it all falls down to what people are interested in. Reading most of the people tweets, they felt as if certain plot and story lines were left 'untied'. E.g. the making of TLC's first were briefly mentioned and skipped through the montages and in between 'Left eye's last moments' before she died in the car crash. Which I suppose it's acceptable considering their short of time for an hour and in a bit of a movie. Plus, the actors/actresses. Now this was very mixed emotions from what I gathered. Here's the people who started in the movie. Drew Sidora as 'T-Boz' ,  Keke Palmer as 'Chilli' and Lil mama as 'Left eye'. Most people were 'buggin'' about how Lil mama played 'Left eye'. I mean, It's not that we don't love you girl she's just..erm (Let me pause right there for a min) Some people said: 'it was insulting left eye's memories' and yet others said: 'she had the style and attitude to play her. you go girl!' but honestly, I thought they made a recovery. Overall, for me the movie was great! it highlighted simply the good and the bad points. Most of all, it showed a beautiful and touching ending of Tionne (T-Boz) and Rozonda (Chilli) getting back into the studio once more with the help of NE-YO to start on their new album, which supposedly has 'left eye' jumping on a few tracks from Left eye's solo album 'Supernova' in 2001 starting with TLC's new single 'Meant to be'.

 And that's all from me folks! Feel free to leave a comment if you feel like you need to share any opinions on this story OR follow me on twitter for some funny, entertaining tweets @Khadz22

No comments:

Post a Comment