Wednesday 1 January 2014

NYR: 'New year. New me' Reality talking: 'yeah never heard that one before'


Happy new year to one and all! Sorry about not keeping you guys updated had a busy holiday which I hope you've all enjoyed.  Anyways back to my story, has anyone broken their New Years Resolution (NYR) already? hahaha yeah me too.  Honestly,  one minute your screaming ’HAPPY NEW YEAR?’ along with a bit of the bubbly, then were back to living our lives and glued to the TV, with the hope of actually making a difference with our lifestyles.

 Seriously, How many of us tend to wait a whole year in order to turn our lives around or maybe set little tasks that you know you won’t fulfill? (I do!) I’m guessing I'm speaking on the behalf of half the world's population. The main question is ‘why?’ Why wait a year to change your behavior, outlook on life and supposedly... loose weight (ha-ha that one gets me every time). But don't get me wrong, it’s good to set goals. That's what gives us the motivation to stride to success and build on our characters. Yes, I understand the concept of 'New year, New me'. It's positive, up-lifting and the idea of transition taking place is exciting. Unfortunately, that saying dies out quicker than an annoying kids fad in retro spec. When I went round asking people on their opinion with NYR  my answers sounded a lot like: ‘it’s in progress’, ‘made a start so far so good’ or ‘doesn’t fit with my schedule with work’ and my favorite one: ‘I’m working on it slowly making tracks’ my translation: ‘I can’t be asked so let me make an excuse’ can’t say I haven’t done that myself. (Hey?! I’m only human!)

So by now, you're probably thinking: 'what's your point?' Well, it's simple if your going to make changes then do so, don't wait until new year to then have a 'defining moment' because no matter how old or how far long your situation by me, it's never too late to change. And if your not the type to care about 'New starts to the new year' then find another blog to read! I don't cater for the perfect or non-caring individuals.

And as usual, if you got some stuff on your mind leave a comment, or follow me on twitter @Khadz22


No comments:

Post a Comment